Software Tester Apprentice
Do you enjoy testing code to make sure it works right? Baltic Training and Rocket X are delighted to be recruiting for a Software Tester Apprenticeship to join their team based in Newcastle.
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Do you want to earn money, whilst gaining qualifications, business expertise, and boost your career prospects? Unlike traditional education, apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a mentor, and training from industry experts. In fact, research has shown apprentices can earn £4,000 more than those in similar job roles. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Established in 2012, Rocket X are going from strength to strength, experiencing rapid growth and profit. They specialise in providing fully managed services for online gaming operators since Bingo and Casino sites. They now require a Software Testing Apprentice who will have access to working with both the development and testing teams in order to gain invaluable software experience throughout the business!
Tasks to be trained in
- Working with developers to meet business requirements creating test cases and scripts
- Spending time working with the development team on user experience platforms
- Create regression and release scripts
- Assess and provide feedback for the performance and quality of products
- Test and maintain the quality of products
- Debug issues and write reports with easily reproducible steps
Training to be provided
The modules you will complete as part of this apprenticeship are:
BCS Level 3 Certificate in Software Development Context and Methodologies (Part 1 & 2) Includes Exam
- Software Development Environment, Roles and Structure
- Software Development Processes
BCS Level 3 Certificate in Programming (Part 1, 2 & 3) Includes Exam
- Software Development Requirements
- Software Data, Interfaces & Security
- Developing Code Using Good Practices & Logic
- Problem solving
- Passion for software development
- Experience with Git or other version control systems is beneficial
- Keen attention to detail
- Good Communication skills written and spoken
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- £10,000 per annum
- Monday – Friday
- 09:00 – 17:30
- There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
This role is located in Newcastle with very easy access to local public transport links acess the city. There are shops located in short distance away too.
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage of your application. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand your knowledge with the links provided!