IT Support Apprentice
Are you interested in working as an IT Support Apprentice for an ever-growing Technical Support business?
Baltic Training Services and Open Network Services are delighted to be recruiting for a IT Support Apprentice to join their team based in Dinnington!
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Do you want to earn money, whilst gaining qualifications, business expertise, and boost your career prospects? Unlike traditional education, apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a mentor, and training from industry experts. In fact, research has shown apprentices can earn £4,000 more than those in similar job roles. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Open Network Services have an abundance of experience and have been successfully trading for 20 years. Open Network Services are an IT company that have a passion for all aspects of IT and specialise in IT support, telecoms, the Cloud and connectivity services. If you have a passion for IT this could be the job for you!
Tasks to be Trained in
- Taking customer calls and logging them onto the company CRM system
- Supporting all customers in a professional manner
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries
- Work efficiently and tidily, always maintain a clean environment and be polite to the customer
- Review own work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards
Training to be Provided
Infrastructure Technician Level 3
The modules you will complete as part of this apprenticeship are:
- Coding and Logic (Includes Exam)
- Business Processes (Includes Exam)
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA’s):
- Networking Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Cloud Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- A passion for IT
- Basic knowledge in Hardware and Software
- Able to work to deadlines
- Confident with communicating over the phone
- Can use own initiative to overcome problems
- Can comply with Health and Safety standards
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- £7,800 per annum
- Monday – Friday 8.30AM – 5.00PM (37.5hrs per week)
- 20 Holidays plus Bank Holidays
- Will go on team building trips
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
This role is based in Dinnington and is accessible via a range of public transport from surrounding areas such as Sheffield, Rotherham and Worksop. There is a free onsite car park for those who drive.
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage of your application. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand your knowledge with the links provided!
A residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years. Residency rules and some exceptions can be found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/730997/1819_Provider_Rules_v1.0.pdf (clause P305)