IT Support Apprentice
Do you have the enthusiasm required to start your IT career?
Baltic Training and Pentagull are excited to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team in Blackpool!
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a great way to get the qualifications and experience needed to start your career. Combining technical training with work experience, becoming an apprentice is the first step to a recognised career path. The digital sector will only continue to grow and an apprenticeship with Baltic will enable you to join this diverse, fast-moving and exciting industry, putting you at the forefront of tomorrow’s world. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Located in Blackpool, Pentagull are a team of former local government IT professionals working hard to provide better, affordable and fairer IT services for Local Authorities utilising their own ESB platform. We are looking for a driven individual to join our apprenticeship program and be a part of the growing Pentagull family.
Tasks to be trained in
Your main responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
- Provide IT helpdesk support to clients in order to resolve technical problems
- Technical support for users of their software systems
- Performing diagnostic tests, modifications or repairs to software.
- Monitor helpdesk calls and logs and take appropriate action to ensure satisfactory response to set SLA’s and KPIs
- Monitor helpdesk calls and logs
Infrastructure Technician Level 3
The modules you will complete as part of this apprenticeship are:
- Coding and Logic (Includes Exam)
- Business Processes (Includes Exam)
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA’s):
- Networking Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Cloud Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Good time management skills
- Organised, friendly and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Passion for IT
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- £9,100 per annum (Review after 3 Months)
- Monday to Friday 9:00AM – 5:00PM
- 25 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Free Onsite Parking
- Team Building Activity Days
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
This opportunity is located in Blackpool with easy access to local public transport links from wider areas. There are local bus stops within close proximity and free onsite parking for those who drive.
Baltic Training are one of the only apprenticeship training providers that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
A residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years. Residency rules and some exceptions can be found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/730997/1819_Provider_Rules_v1.0.pdf(clause P305)