Software Development Technician Apprentice
Do you want to work for a company of Software experts within an ever-growing industry?
Baltic Training Services and Hyperext Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a Software Development Technician Apprentice to join their team based in St Helens.
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Do you want to earn money, whilst gaining qualifications, business expertise, and boost your career prospects? Unlike traditional education, apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a mentor, and training from industry experts. In fact, research has shown apprentices can earn £4,000 more than those in similar job roles. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Hyperext Limited were established in 2013 and have been helping companies to build, support and maintain business systems ever since. They are now looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join their team of developers to bring in some new fresh ideas to the team!
Tasks to be trained in
- Identifying, testing and resolving software errors,
- Planning for software development to help decide on best technologies to use for efficient coding and pleasant user experience.
- Building interfaces to perform specific tasks to customer requirements
- Communicating with customers, understanding their needs and guiding them through software usability issues.
Training to be provided
Software Development Technician Level 3
The modules you will complete as part of this apprenticeship are:
- BCS Level 3 Certificate in Software Development Context & Methodologies Part 1 & 2
- Software Development Environment, Roles and Structure – 5 days OLL
- Software Development Processes – 4 days OLL, 1 day Location Based Exam
BCS Certificate in Programming Part 1, 2 & 3
- Software Development Requirements – 5 days OLL
- Developing Code Using Good Practice & Logic – 5 days OLL
- Software Data, Interfaces & Security – 4 days OLL, 1 day Location Based Exam
- Understanding of WordPress and Visual studio would be advantageous
- Someone who is technically minded
- Willing to listen and learn
- Good problem-solving skills
Hunger to learn. We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- £170.00 per week
- Monday to Friday 9.00AM – 5.00PM (37.5 hours per week)
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday holiday
- Medical cover after 12 months
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
Hyperext Limited are based a 20 minute walk away from St Helens train station and have numerous bus routes within walking distance (Route 37, 38 and 38B). There is parking available for drivers and a variety of Café’s and shops around the area.
Baltic Training are one of the only apprenticeship training providers that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage of your application. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand your knowledge with the links provided!
A residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years. Residency rules and some exceptions can be found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/730997/1819_Provider_Rules_v1.0.pdf (clause P305)