IT Support Apprentice
Are you wanting to progress your career in the IT sector? Baltic Training and Human Recognition Systems are excited to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice based in Liverpool!
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a great way to get the qualifications and experience needed to start your career. Combining technical training with work experience, becoming an apprentice is the first step to a recognised career path. The digital sector will only continue to grow and an apprenticeship with Baltic will enable you to join this diverse, fast-moving and exciting industry, putting you at the forefront of tomorrow’s world. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Established in 2001, Human Recognition Systems provide digital identity products and platforms, from fingerprinting to facial recognition, they prioritise the safety and efficiency of each business that they work with. Their IT department thrives on helping people, and in order to continue to do this, they are seeking an passionate and enthusiastic apprentice to join the team!
Tasks to be Trained in
- First line issue logging and support, including prioritising request
- Troubleshoot and resolve arising issues
- Provide face to face support for staff in the office
- Take ownership of desktop imaging and deployment processes
- Basic Active Directory administration
Training to be Provided
Infrastructure Technician Level 3
The modules you will complete as part of this apprenticeship are:
- Coding and Logic (Includes Exam)
- Business Processes (Includes Exam)
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA’s):
- Networking Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Cloud Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Knowledge of PCs and computer systems
- Drive to deliver excellent customer service
- Genuine interest in IT, and a passion for a career in the sector
- Logical with problem solving skills
- Good communication both written and verbal
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- £11000 per annummargher
- Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm (37.5 hours)
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Subsidised gym membership
- Life and critical illness cover
- Social events
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
This role is located within walking distance of both Edge Hill and Wavertree train stations. Parking is available on site for those who drive.
Baltic Training are one of the only apprenticeship training providers that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
A residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years. Residency rules and some exceptions can be found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/730997/1819_Provider_Rules_v1.0.pdf (clause P305)