IT Support Apprentice
Do you have the enthusiasm required to start your IT career?
Baltic Training and Custard Technical Services are excited to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team in Nottingham!
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a great way to get the qualifications and experience needed to start your career. Combining technical training with work experience, becoming an apprentice is the first step to a recognised career path. The digital sector will only continue to grow and an apprenticeship with Baltic will enable you to join this diverse, fast-moving and exciting industry, putting you at the forefront of tomorrow’s world. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Custard Technical Services are currently offering a fantastic recruitment opportunity for a number of apprentice IT technicians. We are looking for driven individuals to join our apprenticeship program and be a part of the growing Custard family. This position will involve working with various applications and systems to analyse, diagnose and solve issues from the office.
Tasks to be trained in
Your main responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
- Work with users to resolve IT faults and requests within agreed timescales.
- Create, maintain and remove user accounts from IT systems.
- Install, commission and test new equipment.
- Answer IT Helpdesk calls and provide first line assistance.
- Work with users to resolve outstanding faults.
- Ensure that all helpdesk calls are actioned within agreed service levels.
- Record all call details on the ticket platform.
Infrastructure Technician Level 3
The modules you will complete as part of this apprenticeship are:
- Coding and Logic (Includes Exam)
- Business Processes (Includes Exam)
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA’s):
- Networking Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Cloud Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Keen interest in a career in the IT Sector.
- Confident phone manner.
- Good written communication skills.
- Problem Solving skills.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to use own initiative.
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- £8,736 per annum
- Monday to Friday 8:30AM – 5:30PM
- 20 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Summer Olympics
- Food Day Friday
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
Based in Nottingham, the role is situated on a country estate. The role is more easily accessible by car however is possible by public transport. There is onsite parking available to employees.
Baltic Training are one of the only apprenticeship training providers that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
A residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years. Residency rules and some exceptions can be found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/730997/1819_Provider_Rules_v1.0.pdf(clause P305)