Are you looking to kick start your career in a vibrant, techy and successful organization with lots of progression opportunities? Baltic Training and Venom IT are excited to be recruiting for an IT Support apprentice to join their smart and creative team of technical experts in Sale, Manchester.
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a great way to get the qualifications and experience needed to start your career. Combining technical training with work experience, becoming an apprentice is the first step to a recognised career path. The digital sector will only continue to grow and an apprenticeship with Baltic will enable you to join this diverse, fast-moving and exciting industry, putting you at the forefront of tomorrow’s world. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Founded 18 years ago, Venom IT offer 24 hour IT Technical Support. From hosted email systems to disaster recovery, Venom IT offer an extensive range of services. A trusted Microsoft Silver partner, they aim to resolve issues to limit any disruption to their clients. Venom IT are looking for someone with drive to join their passionate team!
Tasks to be trained in
- Building servers and workstations
- Creating new user accounts and mailboxes
- Liaison between the clients and the projects team
- Provide remote support and troubleshooting for clients
- Refer any issues to second line support if required.
Training to be provided
The modules you will complete as part of this apprenticeship are:
- Coding and Logic (Includes Exam)
- Business Processes (Includes Exam)
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA’s):
- Networking Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Cloud Fundamentals (Includes Exam)
- Good understanding of IT Hardware and Software
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- Confidence to work with colleagues across all departments
- Troubleshooting mind-set
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- £150.00 per week
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- 9am-5pm daily
- Overtime may be available on occasions and will be paid at a higher hourly rate
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
Based in Sale, public transport links are available to allow connection to surrounding areas. There are lots of shops and cafes in the area.
Baltic Training are one of the only apprenticeship training providers that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
A residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years. Residency rules and some exceptions can be found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/730997/1819_Provider_Rules_v1.0.pdf (clause P305)