The AGE 16 to 24 grant for employers aims to support businesses, who would not otherwise be in a position to do so, to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment though specific Framework apprenticeship programmes.
AGE Grants for employers are only available until 31st July 2017.
For some areas the apprenticeship grant is managed locally and eligibility criteria will be different to those set out here. This is the case for employers in:
- Greater Manchester
- Sheffield City Region
- West Yorkshire Combined Authority
- The West of England
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
Benefits of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers:
- Recruit motivated and enthusiastic staff.
- Access a grant to subsidise apprenticeship wages.
- Government funded training.
- Ongoing support and mentoring from Baltic Training.
- One payment of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers will be received after the young person completes week 22 of their apprenticeship programme.
- Employer grants for apprentices are in addition to the training costs which are government funded, and are exempt from VAT.
Are you eligible for the apprenticeship grant?
- Do you employ less than 50 employees in the UK (including all branches/sites)?
- Are you an employer who is interested in employing a young apprentice and require some financial help in taking on your first apprentice?
- You have not employed an apprentice in the last 12 months, whether it’s a new recruit or through transferring an existing employee onto an apprenticeship programme.
If you have answered YES to all of the above questions, you may be eligible to receive the apprenticeship grant for employers! Visit our FAQs, see what our happy clients say with our employer case studies, call us on 01325 731 065 or speak to an agent on the live chat.