Liverpool City Region are offering up to £4,000 for SMEs to help employ local apprentices.
The Apprenticeship Grants for Employers (AGE) is available to all small to medium size businesses (SMEs) who are employing apprentices aged between 16 and 24, who have not recruited a new apprentice in the last 6 months.
- £3,000 could be available to SMEs recruiting 16-18 year old apprentices who have not recruited a new apprentice in the last 6 months
- £2,500 could be available to SMEs recruiting 19-24 year old apprentices who have not recruited a new apprentice in the last 6 months
- An additional £1,000 bonus could be available to SMEs recruiting advanced or higher apprentices
The grant is available from 1st August 2016 until 31st December 2016, or until all funds are expended. Apprenticeship Grants for Employers will be paid on a first come first served basis.
April 2017 welcomes the introduction of the apprenticeship levy, revolutionising the way employers fund apprentices.
Read more information on recruiting an apprentice here.
- The apprenticeship grant is to support SMEs with up to 249 employees. The SME will have fewer than 250 employees in the United Kingdom, as recorded by the Employer Data Service (EDS).
- Eligible employers are those who have not recruited an apprentice in the last 6 months i.e. the employer will not have employed an apprentice in the 6 month period before the start date of the first apprentice for whom they apply for a grant.
If you believe you are eligible for this grant, Baltic Training will help process your application. Visit our FAQs, see what our happy clients say with our employer case studies, call us on 01325 731 050 or fill out the form below.
For more information, please see our Apprenticeship Grant for Employers Process.