How to claim the West Yorkshire Apprenticeship AGE Grant
If you’re a small or medium sized business looking to take on an apprentice then financial support may be available. Businesses in West Yorkshire and York could be eligible for grants of up to £2,000 when they recruit an apprentice aged 16 – 24 years old.
An Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of £1,200 is available to businesses that meet core grant eligibility criteria, and a further £800 ‘top-up’ is available to businesses that offer additional incentives.
Grants are available for each apprentice recruited, up to a maximum of three apprentices per qualifying business. This means that depending on the level
of Apprenticeship Grant sought and the number of apprentices recruited, businesses could receive up to £6,000 through this scheme. Apprenticeship Grants for Employers will be offered on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, subject to funding availability and confirmation of eligibility.
A core apprenticeship grant of £1,200 is available to businesses that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Employ 249 or fewer employees
- Have never offered an apprentice before, or
- Have offered apprenticeships for 16-24 year olds since September 2010, have benefitted from government (Skills Funding Agency) apprenticeship funding and can evidence that they have given a permanent contract of employment to at least one previous apprentice following the completion of their apprenticeship
- Recruit an apprentice that is aged 16 – 24 years old that started their training between 1 August and 31 December 2016
- Are based in one of the following local authority areas:
A ‘top-up’ apprenticeship grant of £800 is available to businesses that do one or more of the following:
- Recruit an apprentices at an advanced or higher level
- Recruit an apprentice in one of the following priority subject sector (framework) areas:
- Construction, planning and the built environment
- Engineering and manufacturing technologies
- Information and communications technology
- Science and mathematics
- Pay the apprentice the living wage, or as a minimum the national minimum wage for the age of the apprentice
If you believe you are eligible for an Apprenticeship Grant for Employers, Baltic Training will help process your application. Visit our FAQs, see what our happy clients say with our employer’s apprenticeship case studies, call us on 01325 731 050 or fill out the form below.
For more information, please see the AGE Fact Sheet and read more about the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers Process.